Developing Professionals Group
According to the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, “Racial and Ethnic diversity continues to improve in early stages”, but African- Americans still represent only 2% of certificate holders. Some minority groups hold such a small number of certificates that a percentage has not been reported yet.
SoCal NOMA has listened to the difficulties from colleagues and personally experienced the struggles related to pursuing licensure as a minority in the field. Passionate, skilled, and determined applicants willing to put forth the effort and time required for licensure should not be discouraged due to a lack of study material or funding. For these reasons, the Southern California Chapter of the National Organization of Minority Architects is excited to offer resources and mentors to aid in its member’s journey to becoming certificate holders!
Career Seminar Lead
ARE Seminar Lead
ARE Seminar Lead
Online Study Resources
- Designer Hacks ARE 5.0 Practice Exams
- Plural Sight Kevin Griendling ARE 5.0 Video Tutorials
- Panel Discussions that bring the expertise, wisdom, and experience of successful professionals at various stages of their careers, addressing topics related to practice and growth in the architectural field.
ARE Exam Session
- Each session a separate ARE exam is selected and the group reviews practice questions addressing topics covered in that exam. Sessions are led by designers who have recently passed and senior professionals.
Financial Resources for ARE
(Limit 20 Members a year for each reimbursement. First come first serve.)
- $120 Stipend provided for an exam Pass or Fail (Available once per year)
- $120 Stipend provided for an exam Pass Only (Available once per year)
- $40 Stipend provided for Online or Physical Study Book for the ARE
ARE EXAM SEMINARS HAVE COVERED TOPICS ACROSS ALL DIVISIONS AND SINCE THERE CREATION, 17 ARE 5.0 EXAMS HAVE BEEN PASSED IN TOTAL BY ATTENDING MEMBERS.
A TOTAL OF $1000 IN REIMBURSEMENTS HELP FUEL 4 APPLICANTS TOWARDS THERE ARCHITECTURE REGISTRATION EXAM GOALS IN 2020. THE EXAM STIPENDS HELP APPLICANTS REMOVE THE FEAR OF LOSING OUT ON MUCH NEEDED CASH DUE TO AN EXAM FAIL, ESPECIALLY DURING THE PANDEMIC. ONE OF THESE APPLICANTS WAS ABLE TO COMPLETE THEIR REMAINING DIVISIONS THANKS TO THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT OF THE DEVELOPING PROFESSIONALS GROUP.
TESTIMONIES FROM DEVELOPING PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS
“Everything you offer is soooo helpful! I went from passing zero to three test with some of the resources and sponsorship you provided. So thankful for this Developing Professionals group. I’m realizing how much having the right resources are in being successful with the ARE’s”
“If it wasn’t for the financial support and access to the Kevin G Pluralsight videos, it would have taken me longer to pass all of the divisions. I am proud to have finished them within 3 years!”
– Developing Professionals Group Member
2019 YEAR-END SUCCESSES
Held 4 ARE 5.0 Exam Seminars
12 Attendees on avg per session
12 ARE 5.0 Exams passed in total by members of the group
Donations help the committee provide aid for exam fees, study materials, online resources, and opportunities that contribute to the development of our members. Please click the link below to contribute to our Developing Professionals.
If you are a member, please use the form below to receive a stipend for exams and study materials per the Developing Professional Reimbursement Guidelines.